By Ethel Sloane
This extraordinary textual content, awarded in a distinct define layout, is designed to assist scholars specialize in the center evidence of anatomy and body structure with no getting slowed down by means of extra info. it will possibly function both a fundamental textual content in a direction or as a better half to a extra designated anatomy and body structure quantity.
Read Online or Download Anatomy and Physiology: An Easy Learner PDF
Similar anatomy books
Prime specialists summarize and synthesize the newest discoveries in regards to the alterations that take place in tumor cells as they increase resistance to anticancer medicinal drugs, and recommend new techniques to combating and overcoming it. The authors overview physiological resistance established upon tumor structure, mobile resistance in response to drug shipping, epigenetic alterations that neutralize or pass drug cytotoxicity, and genetic alterations that adjust drug aim molecules through lowering or removing drug binding and efficacy.
Руководство по лабораторной работе. Может быть использована в сочетании с ADAM Интерактивная Анатомия. Понятные и красочные рисунки и пояснения к ним.
- Visualization of Brain Functions: Proceedings of an International Symposium held at The Wenner-Gren Center, Stockholm, 9–11 June, 1988
- Brain Anatomy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Research Experiences in Plant Physiology: A Laboratory Manual
- Hidden Markov Models of Bioinformatics
- Molecular Parameters Indicating Adaptation to Mechanical Stress in Fibrous Connective Tissue (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology)
Additional info for Anatomy and Physiology: An Easy Learner
2. Respiration refers to the processes whereby oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged between the body cells and the external environment. 3. Cellular respiration includes the processes whereby oxygen nutrients are utilized by the body cells to produce energy and carbon dioxide. 4. Circulation of body fluids transports oxygen and nutrients to the cells and removes the products of metabolism from the cells. 5. Excretion is the elimination of waste products of metabolism from the body. V. Homeostasis A.
The right and left hypochondriac regions are lateral to the epigastric region. 5. The right and left lumbar regions are lateral to the umbilical region. 6. The right and left inguinal (iliac) regions are lateral to the hypogastric region. E. Four abdominopelvic designations, generally used clinically, are derived from imaginary horizontal and vertical lines intersecting at the umbilicus. These lines divide the abdomen into the right and left upper quadrants (RUQ, LUQ) and the right and left lower quadrants (RLQ, LLQ).
Examples of feedback systems a. Negative feedback mechanisms are those in which the information returned to the system (input) decreases the change (output) in order to get back to the appropriate setpoint. One example is the way in which the blood glucose is maintained at a relatively constant level of 90 to 110 mg/100 ml blood. (1) After a meal, a rise in the blood glucose level stimulates the release of insulin from special cells in the pancreas. (2) Insulin facilitates the passage of glucose into the bo9y cells and thus lowers the blood glucose level.